Rose & Lavender Roasting Leg of Lamb
- 1 5-7lb leg of lamb
- ¼ cup Rose Balsamic
- ¼ cup Lavender Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons Arbequina EVOO
- 1 peeled bulb of garlic
- 3 quartered shallots
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and set aside to rest at room temperature.
- Combine rose, lavender balsamic, Hojiblanca EVOO, garlic, shallots, mustard, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Blend the mixture until smooth, forming a wet paste.
- Line a roasting pan with a wire rack and pour broth in the bottom of the pan. Coat the entire lamb with the paste and place on the wire rack.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 1½-2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 135°F.
- Remove the lamb and set aside to rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- While the lamb rests, whisk the broth mixture, whisking up any delicious browned bits that may have accumulated on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the broth from the pan and serve alongside the lamb as an au jus.
- Garnish lamb with fresh herbs before serving.
Winter Citrus Salad