Herb Mash Potatoes with Crispy Bacon Topping
- 2 lbs. baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Gremolata Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 head garlic
- ½ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup warm half and half
- 1 tablespoon Bacon Olive Oil
- ½ cup cooked and chopped bacon
- 2 cups corn flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt.
- Place garlic in the center of a small piece of foil and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil, bring the corners of the foil together and seal, creating a little pouch.
- Place the garlic on the baking sheet with the potatoes. Roast garlic for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Bake potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender. While the potatoes are baking, combine topping ingredients together in a large bowl, toss to coat.
- Place on another baking sheet and toast, in the oven, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Using an oven mitt to help hold the hot potatoes, remove the peel and place peeled potatoes in a large bowl.
- Remove roasted garlic cloves from their husks and add to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, mash using a potato masher until smooth and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mashed potatoes into a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with the corn flake-bacon topping before serving. Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.