Truffled Shepherd’s Pie
- 2 tablespoons Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino or parmesan
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 1 dice celery stalk
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Fill a large pot with your potatoes and water and cook on high heat until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes until semi-smooth.
- Add half and half, Arbequina EVOO, White Truffle olive oil, salt and pepper. Continue to mash until combined and smooth, set aside to cool slightly. Once cooled, add in the egg yolk and stir until blended.
- In a large duch oven or oven proof skillet, heat Herbes de Provence olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the ground lamb and ground beef, saute until browned and cooked though.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the lamb-beef mixture from the pan and set aside on a plate, reserving as much of the pan juices as possible.
- Add veggies to the pan and saute until tender-crisp. Once tender, add salt, pepper, tomato paste, worcestershire, broth and peas and return the lamb-beef mixture to the pan and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top evenly with potato mixture. Sprinkle potato topping with grated cheese and place in the oven.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the potato topping is golden brown and the edges of the dish are bubbling.
- Remove the front eh oven and set aside to rest for 10 minutes before serving.