Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Honey Hazelnut Praline Crumble
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons Arbequina EVOO
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 minced yellow onion
- 1 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place cauliflower on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of Ogliarola olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for 15-20 minutes until tender and slightly golden. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of Ogliarola olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion, garlic, and nutmeg, saute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower and broth and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine hazelnuts with all praline ingredients in a medium bowl, toss to coat.
- Place hazelnuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and spread out in an even layer. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool and harden at room temperature, then break and crumble into small pieces.
- Transfer cauliflower and broth to a food processor, add sour cream and blend until smooth.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Divide soup between bowls and sprinkle with praline topping.
- Garnish with chiffonade sage before serving.