Plum & Walnut Rugelach
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup Plum Balsamic
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- Caster sugar for sprinkling
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine butter, Plum balsamic, and sugar. Set aside.
- Sprinkle your work surface with a little flour and roll teh puff sheet into a large 12x12 square. Brush the square evenly, with balsamic-butter mix and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut the pastry into large even squares and divide those squares into 2 triangles.
- Roll the triangles, starting at the long side. Press the point of the triangle into the pastry to seal.
- Place rugelach on a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush each with a little egg wash and sprinkle lightly with caster sugar.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer, chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake rugelach for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool on a wire rack.