Eggnog Pie with Winter Fruit Compote
Winter Fruit Compote:
- ½ cup Citrus Mint Balsamic
- 1 diced pear
- 1 diced apple
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pie crust
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups eggnog
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine compote ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Dimmer for 8-10 minutes or until fruits have softened and sauce has thickened slightly. Set aside to cool.
- Par-bake the pie crust according to the instructions on the packaging. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Place water in a medium bowl and sprinkle with gelatin to bloom. Place eggnog, sugar, cornstarch, rum and salt in another medium saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low simmer on medium-low heat and add in the gelatin. Whisk just until gelatin dissolves and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Once the eggnog mixture has cooled slightly, add whipped cream and gently stir to combine the two.
- Spoon filling into the par-baked pie crust and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve pie with compote.