Holiday Egg Rolls with Smokey Teriyaki Dip
- 2 tablespoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 peeled and minced garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup diced scallions
- 3 cups shredded brussel sprouts
- 1 ½ cups diced wild mushrooms
- ½ lb raw breakfast pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Egg roll wrappers
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 cups Arbequina EVOO
Smokey Teriyaki Dip:
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup pomegranate jam
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic
- Preheat sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add garlic, ginger and scallions, stir fry until fragrant.
- Add brussel sprouts and mushrooms to the skillet and continue to stir fry until veggies are tender. Transfer veggie mix to a large bowl, set aside, and return the skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add additional sesame oil, if necessary, to the skillet. Crumble sausage into the skillet and stir fry until golden brown.
- Add hoisin, fish sauce and balsamic, stir to coat. Add seasoned sausage to the bowl with the veggies, along with shredded carrot, and toss to combine.
- Let cool slightly at room temperature. To fill the egg rolls, place wrappers on a clean surface with a corner facing you.
- Coat the edges with a little egg wash and fill the center with mix. Take the corner closet to you and fold it over the filling.
- Fold in the left and right corners, toward the center then roll into a tight cylinder. Repeat, using up the mix completely.
- Preheat oil in a large dutch oven or deep fryer to 350°F. Once the oil is hot, fry egg rolls until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oil and set aside to drain on a wire rack or paper towels. While the eff rolls are frying, combine balsamic, jam, Toasted Sesame oil and chili garlic sauce in a medium bowl, whisk to combine the dipping sauce.
- Serve egg rolls with dipping sauce and garnish with pomegranate and scallions.