Mediterranean Chicken and Rice Bowls
- ¼ cup Cilantro & Onion Olive Oil
- ⅛ cup Apricot Balsamic
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup basmati or brown rice
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup pitted olives
- In a medium bowl,combine Cilantro & Onion olive oil, Apricot balsamic, garlic, cumin, turmeric, coriander, aprika, salt and pepper, whisk until blended.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish or a large plastic zipper bag.
- Add half of the dressing to the chicken and toss to coat and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place marinated chicken on a baking sheet and roast for 12-15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cook rice according to the instructions on the package.
- To serve, divide rice and chicken between bowls and top with spinach, chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing.
Winter Citrus Salad