Brisket with Sherry Braised Onion
- 1 6-8 lb beef brisket
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup Arbequina EVOO
- 3 sliced medium yellow onions
- 2 sliced red onions
- 4 sliced shallots
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup cherry wine
- ½ cup Sherry Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Pat brisket dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat Arbequina EVOO in an extra large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully add the brisket. Sear the brisket until richly seared and dark brown. Remove from the pan and set aside on a large platter.
- Add the onions, shallot and garlic to the pan and saute for 1-2 minutes. Deglaze the pan with cherry wine, and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering add the Sherry Reserva vinegar, broth, tomato paste, rosemary, and bay leaves, stir to combine.
- Return the brisket to the pan, nestling it snuggly among the onions. Cover the pan and palace in the oven.
- Roast for 4-6 hours or until the brisket is fork tender. Remove brisket from the oven and set aside to rest for 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve with onions on top and garnish with fresh rosemary.
Winter Citrus Salad