Bacon Arancini with Black Current Dipping Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Bacon Olive Oil
- 3 chopped slices of bacon
- 1 small minced yellow onion
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 zested lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 4 cups Arbequina EVOO
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ½ Black Currant Balsamic
- ½ cup currant jam
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Preheat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and crisp until golden. Add onion, garlic, rice and saute until fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Once the wine is almost completely evaporated begin adding in the broth 1 cup at a time.
- Once all the broth has been added, sprinkle in the cheese, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Once the rice is tender, remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, preheat oil in a large duch oven or deep fryer to 350°F.
- Portion rice into medium sized balls. Season flour with salt and pepper, then set up your breading station by placing the seasoned flour in one bowl, eggs in another, and bread crumbs in a third.
- Coat rice balls in the flour, then egg, and lastly, the bread crumbs, repeat the breading process for all.
- Carefully add a few breaded rice balls, working in a batch to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crips.
- Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a wire rack or paper towels.
- While the arancini are frying, combine Black Currant Balsamic, jam, ketchup and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine the dipping sauce.
- To serve, sprinkie arancini with parmesan and basil with dipping sauce on the side.
Winter Citrus Salad