Bright and zesty, this Super Premium EVOO is made with the fresh oil extract of Italian blood oranges. The sweet, slightly tart taste of blood oranges makes this olive oil even more attractive. Piquant but never pithy or bitter, it is clean, bright, citrusy, and almost exotic in aroma. Its versatile flavor profile and fruit forward aroma make this oil a staff and customer favorite. Drizzle it over oven roasted or grilled fish, combine it with your favorite vinegar to dress a salad, or bake into olive oil cakes and muffins. You will love it!
COMPLEMENTS: chicken, desserts, salad, fruit
Ideas for Use
- Combine with Chocolate balsamic, ground cumin, chipotle powder, and your favorite aromatics. Pour the mixture over a pork shoulder and slow cook until fork tender.
- Use to pan sear scallops and serve over farro and spinach salad.
- Combine with any of the suggested balsamic pairings for a great salad dressing. We especially like it with Blackberry Ginger or Cinnamon Pear balsamic.
- Use in baking in lieu of melted butter or other oils: try it in brownies, carrot cake, muffins, or pumpkin bread.
- Drizzle over roasted red beets, carrots, fennel, or sweet potatoes and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
-Use in place of butter for baking, e.g. breads, brownies, muffins
VINEGAR PAIRINGS: Cranberry Pear, Blackberry Ginger, Cinnamon Pear, Italian Espresso, Chocolate Di Torrino, Sicilian Lemon, 18yr aged Traditional