Habanero & Honey Brined Chicken
- ½ gallon water
- ½ cup salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Habanero & Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Fresh herbs
- Citrus wedges
- Habanero peppers
- Combine water, salt, sugar and Habanero & Honey balsamic vinegar in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Heat brine, whisking occasionally, until the sugar and salt dissolve. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place chicken in a large pot or duch oven and cover in brine. Convert the pot and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Remove chicken from the brine, rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a roasting pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of Blood Orange olive oil.
- Roast chicken for 1 ½ hours, brushing the chicken with oil every 30 minutes, until cooked though.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Winter Citrus Salad