Winter Squash with Whipped Ricotta
- 2 tablespoon Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey Ginger Balsamic
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 acorn or carnival squash, cut into halves
- ¾ cup Fig Balsamic
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup pepitas
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine Blood Orange olive oil, Honey Ginger balsamic, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, whisk to combine.
- Add the squash halves and toss to coat. Transfer the seasoned squash to a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- While the squash are baking, bring Fig balsamic to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once simmering, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until reduced into a glaze.
- Palace ricotta in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat until fluffy and smooth
- To serve, dollop whipped ricotta over squash and drizzle with reduced balsamic.
- Sprinkle it with pepitas and pomegranate for garnish and crunch.
Winter Citrus Salad