Winter Citrus Salad
- 2 peeled & sliced Cara-Cara oranges
- 2 peeled & sliced Blood oranges
- ¼ cup of chopped kale
- 1 cup of salted cashews that have been toasted
- 1 cup of queso fresco or feta cheese
- ½ cup of shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 half avocados
- Make the vinaigrette by placing mustard, honey, salt, pepper, & black lime into a bowl then whisk in grapefruit white balsamic. Whisk until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while whisking at the same time. Alternatively, you can use a hand blender or a mason jar to blend the vinaigrette together.
- In a large bowl add the kale and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the grapefruit vinaigrette. Massage the kale with your hands to start seasoning the kale and then add the rest of the greens.
- Layer in your sliced Cara Cara oranges and blood oranges with the thinly sliced red onion & avocado onto the greens.
- Portion out into four bowls or keep it as one large salad and drizzle as much vinaigrette as you would like, then top with Queso fresco, Parmesan, & toasted cashews. Adjust for seasoning.