Rosemary, Lentil, and Sausage Soup
- 2 tablespoons Rosemary Olive Oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 diced celery stalks
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup green or brown lentils
- 12oz. sliced andouille, chorizo, or kielbasa sausage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh rosemary and parsley for garnish
- Heat Rosemary olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and saute until tender.
- Add broth and tomato paste, stir to combine and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, stir in bay leaves, lentils and sausage, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide soup between bowls and garnish with fresh herbs and a drizzle of Rosemary olive oil.