Phyllo Crusted Quiche with Root Veggies
- ½ lb. phyllo dough
- ½ cup Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil
- 1 lb halved and diced root vegetables
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a spring-form pan in a thin layer of oil and begin layering phyllo sheets evenly into the pan, brushing each sheet with oil before layering with the next.
- Place in the oven and par-bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place root veggies and leeks on a baking sheet and drizzle with an additional 2 tablespoons of Mushroom & Sage olive oil.
- Place in the oven and roast until the veggies are tender. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, cream, cheese, salt and pepper, whisk to combine.
- Once the crust has par-baked, carefully pour in egg mix and return to the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until simi-firm.
- Remove from the oven and add veggies, return to the oven and finish baking until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing and serving.