Citrus Dill Gravlax with Horseradish Cream
- 1 ½ lb salmos side
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons gin or vodka
- 1 tablespoon Citrus Mint Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons Dill Olive Oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ½ teaspoon dill
- Pat salmon dry with paper towels and palace in a large glass casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, sugar and pepper. Drizzle both sides of the salmon with gin and balsamic, sprinkle with seasoning mix, using your hands to coat the salmon completely.
- Cover the casserole with plastic wrap, place weights on top and refrigerate for 3 days. Every day, flip the salmon over and return the weights on top.
- Once the salmon has cured for 3 days, remove from the casserole and lightly rinse with cool water.
- Brush salmon with Dill olive oil before thinly slicing and serving.
- Place mayo, sour cream, horseradish and dill in a small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Serve gravlax with horseradish cream and your favorite bagels and toppings.
Winter Citrus Salad