Beet & Bleu Cheese Salad with Smoked Almonds
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. beets
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 wedge bley cheese, crumbled
- Habanero Honey Balsamic
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss together almonds, Worcestershire, Orange olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt until coated and combiked. Place seasoned almonds on a baking sheet and toast for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Place beets on their own little squares of aluminum foil. Drizzle search with Orange olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap loosely, place porches on another baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Roast beets for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven and let cool enough for you to handle them.
- Peel beets, cut into halves or quarters, and drizzle with any remaining porch drippings.
- To serve, divide arugula between plates and top with beets, bleu cheese and almonds and drizzle with a little more Orange Olive oil.
Winter Citrus Salad