Black Current & Blood Orange Irish Soda Bread
- 4 cups all purpose four
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- ¼ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup Black Currant Balsamic
- Sprinkling of raw sugar
- Place raisins with Black Currant Balsamic in a bowl and let soak for at least one hour.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl. Add the dubbed butter and Blood Orange olive oil. Mix with your hands, breaking the butter up into tiny pieces, until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the buttermilk. Add the buttermilk mixture and the drained raisins to the flour mixture.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough with your hands, adding additional flour as needed, into the shape of a round loaf.
- Place dough on a baking sheet lined with greased parchment paper. Cut an ‘X’ into the top of the loaf. Sprinkle it with raw sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the loaf.
- Slice and serve warm.
Winter Citrus Salad