Baked Camembert with Herb Winter Fruit Compote
- 2 tablespoons Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 cored and diced pear
- 1 cored and diced apple
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup Pomegranate Balsamic
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 8oz wheel camembert
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine olive oil, pear, apple, cranberries, brown sugar, Plum Balsamic and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce has thickened and fruits are soft.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Place camembert in the center of the puff pastry sheet. Pull corners of the sheet toward the center, covering the cheese wheel completely.
- Flip the wrapped schee over, and transfer to a baking sheet. Brush with egg wash, coating the entire surface and sides.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place baked camembert on a platter and serve with compote, crackers, crostini and fruit slices.
Winter Citrus Salad