Sweet & Savory Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 1½ lbs. scallops
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. sliced bacon
- ½ cup Plum Balsamic
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place scallops in a large bowl, drizzle with Herbs de Provence olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Wrap bacon around scallops and secure with a toothpick. Place wrapped scallops on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until scallops are just tender and bacon is lightly-crisp.
- For the last 5 minutes, increase oven temperature to broil, and continue to cook until slightly caramelized.
- While the scallops are cooking, combine balsamic, brown sugar and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, shisking frequently, over medium-high heat.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to the pan. Continue to simmer until sauce thickens, remove from the stove and set aside
- Serve scallops with warm dip on the side and sprinkle with chopped parsley.