Apple Pound Cake with Caramel Pecan Topping
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup Sweet Butter EVOO
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cored and diced granny smith apples
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- - ¼ cup Gala Apple Balsamic
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ⅔-1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a bundt pan, making sure to get all the nooks and crannies.
- Combine sugar, Sweet Butter EVOO, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Blend until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger to the bowl and whisk to combine the batter.
- Pour batter into the prepared pundt pan and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is cooked though.
- While the cake is baking, combine sugar and vinegar in a heavy bottom saucepan. Stir mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cooke sugar for 10 minutes and remove from the heat
- Add butter and buttermilk, whisk combined with the carmel sauce. Set aside to cool
- Once the cake is done, let cool for 30 minutes then drizzle caramel over the cake and top with pecans before serving.
Winter Citrus Salad