Drunken Crockpot Carnitas with Gazpacho Salsa
- 2 teaspoons Koroneiki EVOO
- 3 lbs. boneless pork butt
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 5-6 minced garlic cloves
- ½ cup Jalapeno Lime Balsamic
- 1 12 oz. bottle Mexican-style lager beer
- ½ cup diced heirloom cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ¾ cup diced bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Program your slow cooker to saute and drizzle with Koroneiki EVOO.
- Once the oil is hot, add pork and sear on all sides. Add salt, cumin, oregano, garlic, balsamic and beer, cover, and reduce heat to slow cook on low.
- Cook the carnitas for 6-8 hours or until cooked through and fork tender. Remove from the slow cooker and, using a fork, pull the pork into small pieces. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, balsamic, garlic and paprika in a bowl, toss to combine the salsa.
- Season to taste with salt and let the salsa flavors meld together for 30-45 minutes before serving. Serve carnitas with queso fresco crumbles, cilantro, tortillas and lime wedges.