Breakfast Tostadas with Charred Ranchero Salsa
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ sliced red onion
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Jalapeno Lime Balsamic
- ⅓ bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Arbequina EVOO
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 8 eggs
- 1 16oz can refried beans
- 1 thinly sliced avocado
- ¼ cup queso fresco crumbles
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the grill is hot, add tomatoes and onions and cook until charred and tender. Remove from the grill and place in a food processor.
- Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, balsamic, cilantro and salt, blend until smooth and slightly chunky. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Heat Arbequina EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add tortillas and fry until crispy.
- Remove, letting any excess oil drip back into the skillet, and set aside on paper towels. Return the skillet to medium-high heat, crack eggs into the skillet and cook until desired doneness is reached.
- While the eggs are cooking, spread tortillas with refried beans and top with avocado slices.
- Add eggs to the tortillas and top with ranchero salsa and cheese crumbles. Garnish with lime wedges before serving.
Winter Citrus Salad