Winter Citrus Salad
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled & sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled & sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped kale
- 1 cup of salted cashews that have been toasted
- 1 cup of queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan
- 2 haas avocados, perfectly ripe & sliced
Grapefruit Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp of whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp of Burlap & Barrel ground Black Lime
- 1/2 cup of Lot22 Pink Grapefruit White Balsamic
- 1/2 cup of Lot22 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- First make the vinaigrette by placing mustard, honey, salt, pepper, & black lime into a bowl then whisk in grapefruit white balsamic. Whisk until smooth.
- Then slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil while whisking at the same time. Alternatively, you can use a hand blender or a mason jar to blend the vinaigrette together.
- In a large bowl add the kale and add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the grapefruit vinaigrette. Massage the kale with your hands to start seasoning the kale and then add the rest of the greens.
- Layer in your sliced Cara Cara oranges and blood oranges with the thinly sliced red onion & avocado onto the greens.
- Portion out into four bowls or keep it as one large salad and drizzle as much vinaigrette as you would like, then top with Queso fresco, Parmesan, & toasted cashews. Adjust for seasoning.
Tip: To keep your avocados green after they are sliced drizzle with a little bit of fresh citrus juice or white balsamic.