At Lot22, we love cooking (or baking) outside the box. We're constantly dreaming up new ways to use our line up of olive oils & vinegars... and with the fall season upon us, our Blood Orange Olive Oil is having it's moment in the spotlight. It is perfection in our Blood Orange Espresso Brownie recipe. The zesty citrus flavor pairs beautifully with the intense espresso and rich chocolate flavor of the brownies.
Grab a bottle today and whip up a batch of our Blood Orange Espresso Brownies. You'll be blown away by the taste. Plus, it's the perfect treat to have on hand while you cozy up by the fire with your loved ones all season long.
GET THE RECIPE
- 1/2 cup of butter or Lot22 Butter Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Lot22 Blood Orange olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Instant Espresso powder
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan, add parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter and Lot22 Blood Orange oil, remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat, just until it’s hot, but not bubbling; it’ll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating this mixture a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
- Transfer the sugar mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in the instant Espresso, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
- Add the flour and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Bake the brownies for about 30-35 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked. Remove them from the oven and cool completely before cutting and serving.
**This recipe comes from Chef Saundra Garcia, follow her on instagram @RefinedCravings
— Marcus Chapman
LOT22 OLIVE OIL CO.
LOT22 OLIVE OIL CO.
Born & raised in Redlands, California
A best in class, 3 gold medals, 1 silver and a bronze for the 2020 season
GROWN LOCALLY, SHARED GLOBALLY
We grow in a small southeast corner of California but are proud to be a part of a global community of growers.
BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL
Check out our favorite Lot22's recipes.