The rich Sri Lankan toasted cinnamon aroma and the sweet taste of Anjou pear are harmoniously combined to make a savory and sweet balsamic vinegar. Paired with Blood Orange olive oil, it makes a delicious vinaigrette for a festive spinach and baby arugula salad; top it with slices of fresh pear, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries. This balsamic can also be used as a marinade for pork or poultry. Vanilla ice cream becomes fruity vanilla cinnamon bun pear ice cream with just a drizzle.
FLAVOR: Sweet, rich, cinnamon with the hint of pears
COMPLEMENTS: Salad, fruit, dessert, pork, oatmeal
OIL PAIRINGS: Orange, Butter, Chipotle, Garlic, Harissa, Lemon, Lime, Sesame Oil.
- Root Vegetables
- Leafy/Winter Greens
- Winter Squash
- Breakfast Pastries
- Fresh Fruit
- Creamy Desserts & Cocktails
- Marinades for Slow Cooked or Roasted Pork
Ideas for Use
- Combine with Orange olive oil to dress a spinach or arugula salad, topped with fresh berries, mandarin oranges, and goat cheese.
- Combine with Orange or Lime Olive Oil for a salad dressing on spinach or arugula salad, then add fresh strawberries, Roasted Sesame Oil, mandarin orange slices and feta cheese; or caramelize pears or apples and substitute goat cheese for feta
- Drizzle in yogurt, on ice cream or over apple crisp
- Use as a glaze on grilled salmon
- Use in lieu of lemon juice in your favorite apple pie recipe
- Use to poach pears or apples.
- Combine it with a Medium EVOO and drizzle over sweet potato wedges, pumpkin, or butternut squash before roasting.
- Drizzle over Greek yogurt, ice cream, or oatmeal.
- Brush over acorn squash halves before roasting.
- Whip into Mascarpone cheese for a dessert topping.