The deep, red fruit of fresh Italian plums gives this whole fruit vinegar a multifaceted flavor with sweet and sour aromas. This vinegar is great for Asian influenced cuisine or fusion inspired recipes. The result when combined with Toasted Sesame Seed Oil is a complex vinaigrette or marinade that is at once sweet, tangy, and rich. Pair it with a Medium Intensity EVOO to dress a salad made with tender greens, freshly-cut stone fruit, and roasted pine nuts.
- BBQ Sauces
- Leafy Greens
- Sweet Treats
- Marinades for Pork, Poultry, & Lamb
- Roasted or Poached Fruit
Ideas for Use
- Use as an ingredient to poach pears or to macerate fresh fruit.
- Drizzle over fresh fruit before roasting.
- Add to deglaze a pan after searing pork chops.
- Combine with Rosemary olive oil to marinate lamb chops before grilling.
- Combine with Garlic olive oil to marinate pork tenderloin, then reduce the leftover marinade and use it to baste the tenderloin while roasting.
- Combine with Toasted Sesame Seed oil, fresh ginger, and minced garlic, then simmer to reduce and serve with grilled chicken or shrimp.
- Reduce then drizzle over Prosciutto wrapped cantaloupe slices and serve with an assortment of cheeses.
- Use it to make the most delicious and refreshing granita.
- Add a few tablespoons to homemade compotes or jams.