- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Tumeric (we are partial to Burlap & Barrel)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cumin (we also have this in our stores)
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 large eggplant cut into circles, about 10 slices cut 1/2 inch thick
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 basil leaves
(yields 3-4 servings)
In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, spices, and salt. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the spiced oil.
Brush a grill pan with oil and heat on medium-high. Grill the eggplant, 3-5 minutes on each side. Work in batched if you need to, lowering the heat slightly for later batches. Avoid over crowding the pan and add more olive oil if necessary.
Take the eggplant slices off the grill and allow them to cool enough to handle. To the center of each eggplant slice, add a dollop of crumbled goat cheese as well as a mint and basil leaf. Carefully fold the eggplant over and fasten it with a toothpick. Serve as is.
Adapted from - "Spice Spice Baby"