- 1/2 cup of butter or Lot22 Butter Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of Lot22 Blood Orange olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Instant Espresso powder
- 2-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1-1/4 cups Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ x 13″ pan, add parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium-sized saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter and Lot22 Blood Orange oil, remove from the heat. Add the sugar and stir to combine. Return the mixture to the heat, just until it’s hot, but not bubbling; it’ll become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating this mixture a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
Transfer the sugar mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir in the instant Espresso, cocoa, baking powder, salt, and vanilla extract.
Whisk in the eggs, stirring until smooth.
Add the flour and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.
Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Bake the brownies for about 30-35 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it. The brownies should feel set on the edges, and the center should look very moist, but not uncooked. Remove them from the oven and cool completely before cutting and serving.
This recipe comes from Chef Saundra Garcia, follow her on instagram @RefinedCravings