- 1/2 lb bacon or meat substitute
- 2 eggs
- Aged cheddar cheese
- 4 slices rustic bread or 2 ciabatta buns (we are partial to Village Bread)
- 2 Tbsp Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Fresh extra virgin olive oil of your choosing
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- Fleur de sel (Maldon salt works as well)
In a large frying pan, cook the bacon until crispy, place it on a paper towel to absorb any grease, set aside.
Use 2 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil in frying pan to fry the eggs. Placing the Extra Virgin olive oil in a cold pan and raising it to temp will keep the smoke point high on the oil. Fry the eggs over medium heat, breaking the yolk to let it cook fully.
Place the bread on a cookie sheet and preheat the broiler. Drizzle each piece of bread with the Tuscan Herb olive oil and top with two slices of cheese. Toast under the broiler until the cheese is melted and just starting to bubble.
Top two slices of the bread with bacon, a fried egg, slices of avocado and tomato. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and top with a slice of bread.
Adapted from: "The Olive Oil and Vinegar Lovers Cookbook"